RUSA is a member community engaged in advancing the practices of connecting people to resources, information services, and collections.
Core Organizational Values:
- Building relationships among members from all types of libraries
- Encouraging openness, innovation, and idea sharing
- Promoting excellence in library services and resources
RUSA is an influential and authoritative organization, essential to the work of anyone engaged in the practices of connecting people to resources, information services, and collections.
Vivid Description of a Desired Future: RUSA is known for signature products made available through a variety of innovative formats. The association’s services are relevant, accessible, and clearly contribute to the success of its members at all stages of their careers. RUSA members benefit professionally through relevant programming featuring the newest trends, technology and services.
Participation in the association’s programming is considered essential to professional growth and to advancing libraries to meet new user needs. The strength of RUSA is reflected in its diversity of collaborative, innovative and engaged members who participate in collegial mentoring and networking. RUSA is renowned as a leading advocate group for library resources, information services and collections, and is recognized throughout ALA and beyond for its expertise.
- Maximize time of RUSA staff and volunteers by operating as efficiently as possible
- Manage our financial resources responsibly
- Cooperate and collaborate with other divisions and groups in ALA
- Enable virtual participation whenever possible
- Emphasize the importance of marketing and communication to ensure that members are aware of all opportunities.