RUSA Blackboard Collaborate Moderator Training Resources
- Attend a Scheduled Training Session
- Schedule an On-Demand Training Session
- Schedule a Practice Session
- Watch Screencasts, Recorded Training Session, etc.
- Training Session Slides, Tip Sheets, Templates, etc.
- Guide to Virtual Participation (Scheduling Collaborate, teleconference, etc.)
Blackboard Collaborate Moderator Training Sessions are held on the following Fridays from 2:00 PM – 3:30PM ET. There is a limit of 5 attendees per session. Registrations are taken first come, first served.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject REGISTER FOR TRAINING and indicate which session you would like to attend.
If you cannot attend of the following sessions, see below for other training options.
- August 17, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET) (FULL)
- August 31, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET) (FULL)
- September 14, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET)
- September 28, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET)
- October 12, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET)
- October 26, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET)
- November 16, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET)
- November 30, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET)
- December 7, 2:00pm-3:30pm (ET)
Additional training sessions may be scheduled. You will receive notice of these opportunities via email.
If you cannot attend any of the scheduled Collaborate Moderator Training sessions, email Liane Taylor (email@example.com) to request a training session at date and time that works for you.
Please give 1 week’s notice.
You can schedule practice time in a Collaborate room. Your practice session can be independent (you alone) or supported (someone else will be there to assist and answer questions). To schedule a practice session:
- Find out when Collaborate is available.Look at the Collaborate calendar posted here. Identify dates/times available.
- 1 HOUR MUST BE LEFT OPEN BETWEEN SESSIONS TO ALLOW FOR RUN OVER AND SET UP.
- Sessions are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the information below. SUBJECT: PRACTICE REQUEST
CONTACT PERSON (Name and Email):
LENGTH OF SESSION (15 min; 30 min; 45 min):
INDEPENDENT or SUPPORTED?:
1st PREFERRED DATE, TIME (EASTERN):
2nd PREFERRED DATE, TIME (EASTERN):
3rd PREFERRED DATE, TIME (EASTERN) (optional):
- Within 3 business days, you will receive a response with a confirmation and access information for your use, or a request for an alternate date/time for your session.
- Watch Recorded Session
- Loading and Working with PowerPoint (http://connect.ala.org/files/6297/pptdemo.mp4)
- Showing Web Pages in Web Tour (http://connect.ala.org/files/6297/Appshare.mp4)
- Sharing your Desktop (Application Sharing) http://connect.ala.org/files/6297/Appshare.mp4)
- Co-Editing Documents with Application Sharing (http://connect.ala.org/files/6297/Coedit.mp4)