MARS/RSS Virtual Reference
To identify and study issues relating to virtual reference services, and to evaluate and promote technological and service standards, guidelines, and best practices”; for virtual reference services in all types of libraries.
Carol L. Anderson (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Marissa A. Ellermann (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Amy Wainwright (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2015. Last retrieved on 04/20/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Virtual Reference Services Committee Meeting (MARS/RSS)
- Need your input for ALA Annual - are you attending in Las Vegas 2014?
- Two questions for our Committee members
- Virtual Reference Services Committee (RUSA RSS/MARS)
- Slam the Boards! - A Model for Marketing through Action: A Reference Services Discussion Forum
- Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at ALA Annual
- Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon Progress
- Committee Meeting Announcement
- MARS/RSS VR Services Rosters
- "Are Virtual Reference Services Worth the Effort? What ROI Analysis and User Evaluations Tell Us" Presentations
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on [insert committee name here]. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.
Web Services Mgr.