Communication and Teaching at the Point of Need Committee
To offer programming, forums for discussions, and professional development opportunities focused on effective communication and teaching strategies, skills, and technologies used during virtual or face-to-face reference interactions, as well as other patron points-of-need. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the reference interview, “teaching moments” during the reference interaction, and point-of-need videos or tutorials.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- RUSA RSS Communication and Teaching at the Point of Need Committee Meeting
- A Discussion Forum on Challenges and Opportunities for Reference and Instruction at the Point of Need
- RSS Communication and Teaching at the Point of Need: Selected Bibliography
- Committee Goals 2014-2015
- Roster 2014-2015
- 2013-2014 Roster
- October Meeting
- 2012-2013 Committee Roster
- Updated Goals
- Midwinter Virtual Meeting
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the committee. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.