Health and Medical Reference Committee
Health and medical questions take place in all libraries, encompassing all ages and cultures. The purpose of the Health and Medical Reference Committee is to develop guidelines and provide training and educational opportunities for health and medical reference encompassing the role of the librarian, legal and ethical issues, resource evaluation, health literacy, cultural differences, library programming, and improving librarians' reference skills in a variety of circumstances.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Goals Update November 2014
- HMRC Meeting Minutes 10/6/14
- Teleconference Meeting scheduled for October 6, 2014 from 11am-12pm Central Time
- Summary of Current Activites, September 2014
- HMRC Meeting Minutes 6/30/14
- Goals of HMRC for 2014-15
- RUSA RSS Health and Medical Reference Committee Meeting
- Your Experiences with the Affordable Care Act
- Health and Medical Reference Committee Meeting (RSS)
- 2013 Summary of Current Activities
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the committee. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.