RUSA MARS Local Systems and Services
To create, collect, analyze, and disseminate information and materials on the development, implementation, and evaluation of local systems and services in any format; and to gather and share with the library profession information on new technologies and ethical issues relating to such systems and services. local systems and services to be considered may include, but are not limited to, the following: provision of reference services via electronic mail; document delivery; expert systems; local area networks; locally mounted (third-party produced) databases; locally developed databases; public access catalogs; non-bibliographic databases.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- RUSA MARS LSS Committee Online Open Meeting on "The Learning Commons and the Academic Library: Using Emerging Technologies and New Partnerships to Build Student Success"
- Local Systems and Services Committee (RUSA MARS)
- Notes from MW 2012 Discussion Forum on the Creative Learning Commons
- Annual 2011 Meeting Minutes
- Evaluation Form (Midwinter 2011)
- Meeting minutes, Midwinter 2011
- Notes from MW11 Discussion Forum: "Designing Around a Single Search: How Discovery Layers Are Changing Library Websites"
- Discussion Forum, Midwinter 2011
- Notes from the Annual 2010 Discussion Forum "Discovery Systems: Solutions a User Could Love?"
- Notes from the MW10 Discussion Forum "Discovery Systems: Solutions a User Could Love?"
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on [insert committee name here]. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.
Web Services Mgr.