RUSA MARS Professional Development
Displaying active committee roster as of 03/12/2014. Last retrieved on 03/12/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Midwinter 2013 Workshop Evaluation
- Revised Powerpoints for Blackboard Collaborate Training
- Minutes for the MARS Professional Development Committee ALA Annual – Anaheim CA (Sunday June 24, 2012)
- Draft Agenda for MARS PD Meeting on 7/27 via Blackboard Collaborate
- MARS Professional Development Workgroups
- Blackboard Collaborate Training Sessions
- Professional Development Committee (RUSA MARS)
- Recorded Blackboard Moderator Training
- More training links for Collaborate
- Collaborate Training Links
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
MARS Professional Development Committee Workgroups
Introduction: MARS PD committee members may be interested in furthering their skills and experience by participating in various workgroups or subcommittees which focus on different activities to carry out the work of the larger committee.
Webinar Management & Promotion Workgroup
Purpose: To assist in the evaluation of webinar proposals, scheduling of webinars in coordination with the ALA RUSA office, communicating with webinar speakers, marketing and promoting webinars, and soliciting webinar proposals from MARS membership using the listserv MARS-L and other tools.
Workgroup member duties:
- Assist in soliciting and developing webinar proposals
- Assure that speakers have learning objectives and lesson plans to submit for RUSA approval
- Assist in scheduling webinars in collaboration with ALA RUSA office staff
- Assist in the coordination and communication with webinar speakers
- Assist in coordinating practice sessions using Blackboard Collaborate training session.
- Serve as the main contact for webinar presenters and be available to answer any questions about scheduling, etc.
- Work with presenters to make sure speaking contracts are signed and payment for services is clearly communicated
- Serve as moderators for the webinar presentations, introducing speakers, monitoring chat questions and prompting speakers to respond
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the committee. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.