History: Instruction and Research Services
The Instruction and Research Services Committee provides resources for librarians who engage in instruction and research service in the field of history. It is charged with creating and disseminating guidelines and tools to assist with instruction, reference services, and collection development. The Committee also seeks to promote communication among librarians, students, faculty, and organizations with an interest in history instruction and research, regardless of geographic or chronological specialty.
Those interested in volunteering for this committee should complete a committee volunteer form.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2010. Last retrieved on 02/21/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Welcome to the 2013-2014 History Section Instruction and Research Services Committee. Plans for the year
- ALA Annual in Anaheim is rapidly approaching
- Instruction and Research Services Committee (RUSA HS)
- Instruction and Research Services Committee Midwinter 2012 Meeting Highlights
- Instruction and Research Services Committee Annual Meeting Highlights 2011
- Committee Report Midwinter 2011
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the committee. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.