To identify collection development education needs and facilitate meeting those needs through in-service programs; to study issues and trends in collection development programs of schools of library and information science; to create guidelines for improved collection development training and essential skills; to inform the library and information community on collection development education issues and practices.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Collection Development Toolkit
- Combined Collection Development Education & Collection Development Planning and Assessment Committee Meeting (RUSA CODES)
- Collection Development Education Committee Meeting (RUSA CODES)
- 2012 Annual Conference Meeting Collection Development Education Committee
- 2012 Midwinter Meeting Collection Development Education Committee
CompositionSee RUSA or Section Bylaws.
OriginSee Committee Charge.
Get InvolvedALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on [insert committee name here]. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Staff LiaisonAndrea Hill
Web Services Mgr.