Reference and User Services Quarterly (RUSQ)
Reference & User Services Quarterly (RUSQ) will be published digitally starting with Volume 51, number 1 (Fall 2011), and will no longer appear in print format.
An e-subscription to RUSQ is a benefit of RUSA membership. Individual and organizational members of the Reference and User Services Association can now access the journal online at http://rusa.metapress.com. You will need to register an account with Metapress in order to enable access. If you need help logging in, go here.
Keep your e-mail address up-to-date! Notifications are sent out via e-mail each time a new issue publishes. Members can manage their contact information through ala.org, by contacting email@example.com or by calling ALA's membership team at (800) 545-2433, option 5.
Member organizations and subscribing organizations must provide **non-role-based e-mail addresses** in order to receive these notifications. Examples of role-based e-mail addresses may include firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to RUSQ!
Are you a non-member organization or individual interested in a subscription to RUSQ? Contact email@example.com or 1-800-545-2433, option 5. You can also subscribe online. Subscriptions are $65 annually.
If you have recently joined RUSA, it will take about four weeks for your member subscription to be activated by Metapress. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING RUSQ ONLINE
For individual members:
If you have already registered on a MetaPress site, you can use the same MetaPress account to login and view RUSQ.
If you do not have an account registered with MetaPress, follow these steps to create an account and access RUSQ:
- Visit http://rusa.metapress.com/identities/registration/
- Click on "Register Individual"
- Provide your name and email address along with a username and password—the username and password will be different from those you use to login at ALA’s website.
- During registration, you will see a "Consume Token" section. Within this box, you will need to enter your RUSA access code. Your RUSA code is the letters RUSA followed immediately by your 7 digit ALA member number—no spaces, no dashes. If you don’t know your ALA member number, contact ALA Membership & Customer Service at email@example.com or (800) 545-2433, option 5. If your ALA member number is less than 7 digits, please include leading zeros, ex. RUSA0012345.
- After entering the code, click "Register".
- Once registered, you should see that you are "Recognized as: RUSA member (453-79-372)" on the left side of the screen. If you are not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; make sure to include your ALA member number, your newly registered account information, and let them know you are trying to access RUSQ.
Once you are recognized as RUSA member, you will have full access to all issues of RUSQ! Click on "Current Issue" or "Archive Issue" to browse the content.
For Organizational Members and Organizational Subscribers:
The website for the online version is at http://rusa.metapress.com. If you are already registered for IP authentication from MetaPress, you should see your institution name on the left side of the page. Click on “Archive Issues” to see a list of issues. You should see full green squares next to all issues. If you do not see these squares, please contact email@example.com. Please let them know you are an RUSA member, and make sure to include your institution’s name and institution’s ALA member ID
If your institution does not have a Metapress account, you’ll need to register your institution with MetaPress. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and including the following information in your message:
- Institution Name
- ALA Member ID and Paid Thru Date
- Institution Address
- City, State/Province and Postal Code
- Phone Number
- IP Address Or Range
- Name of Administrator for this account
Need more membership information? Contact ALA Membership and Customer Service at (800) 545-2433, option 5, or email@example.com.
Once your institution is registered with MetaPress as RUSA member, you may click on "Current Issue" or "Archive Issue" to browse the content. You should have full access to all issues.