This award presents a citation and $1,250 to an individual new to the field of academic business librarianship in order to support attendance to the ALA Annual Conference. This award is made possible by the generous support of Global Financial Data.
*Monetary award amounts are subject to change without notice and are contingent upon donor funding supplied at the time the award is presented.
The selection of a recipient is accomplished through a review of written nominations by the BRASS Academic Business Librarianship Travel Award Committee. Nomination letters should address the following criteria:
- Nominee’s interest in business librarianship as demonstrated by activities that may include (but are not limited to) past coursework, internships, jobs, special projects, and publications
- An explanation of how the ALA experience will enhance individual career development and the advancement of the profession of business librarianship
- A demonstrated financial need
- The candidate should be an academic librarian with five or fewer years of experience in business librarianship or be a new (less than five years) member to BRASS
- The candidate does not need to be a member of ALA, RUSA, or BRASS but preference will be given to those that are members
To nominate a deserving candidate, complete the BRASS Academic Business Librarianship Travel Award nomination form by February 15th, 2020.
Questions about the award and submission process may be directed to the committee chair.
Submit the following materials with the nomination form:
- A letter of nomination addressing the criteria
- The nominee’s current CV
- Self-nominations are encouraged to include an additional letter of recommendation
2017: Bradley J. Kuykendall, Reference and Instruction Librarian at Lincoln University, Missouri
2016: Ruth D. Terry, business and government information librarian, assistant professor, University of Alaska-Anchorage
2015: Grace Liu, University of Maine
2014: Desirae Zingarelli-Sweet, James Madison University
2013: Annette Buckley, University of California at Irvine
2012: Joel Glogowski