BRASS Best of the Best Business Websites Award
The Best of the Best Business Websites (Free Resources) Award was established in 2009. The award recognizes three of the highly relevant business websites as selected by Business Reference and Services Section (BRASS) Education Committee members. The winners are chosen from a running list of websites in various business disciplines.
The BRASS Education Committee maintains two series of LibGuides http://brass.libguides.com/: BRASS Best of the Best Business Websites LibGuides highlight free business websites, and BRASS Selected Core Resources include both free and fee-based resources.
The Best of the Best Business Websites winners are announced at the RUSA Book and Media Award at the ALA Midwinter Conference and since 2009 have been reviewed in Number 2 issues of the Reference & User Services Quarterly (RUSQ) http://rusa.metapress.com/home/main.mpx.
Recipients of the RUSA Book and Media Award for Best of the Best Business Websites:
- SCORE.org http://www.score.org
- Entrepreneur.com http://www.entrepreneur.com
- Entrepreneurship.org http://entrepreneurship.org
- World Bank Data http://data.worldbank.org/
- Doing Business http://www.doingbusiness.org/,
- Occupational Outlook Handbook http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- globalEDGE http://globaledge.msu.edu/
- Statistical Abstract of the United States http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/
- FRED - Economic Data from the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/
- U.S. Census Bureau Local Employment Dynamics http://lehd.did.census.gov/led
- Bureau of Labor Statistics http://www.bls.gov
- National Home Builders Association http://www.nahb.org
- BigCharts.com http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com
- Business Planet http://rru.worldbank.org/businessplanet
- UNdata: A World of Information http://data.un.org
- Bank Rate Monitor www.bankrate.com
- HRGopher www.hrgopher.com (no longer active)
- U.S. Small Business Administration www.sba.gov