Welcome to the RUSA Awards Resources page. Here you will find information on RUSA Awards and contacts.
RUSA, along with our generous sponsors, offers awards for professional service and achievement as well as awards honoring the best resources published each year. These awards are announced and celebrated at two events during the year.
The Midwinter Book and Media Awards Reception features the best and most notable publications in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, audiobooks, reference, and online resources.
The RUSA Awards Reception, held during ALA’s Annual conference, honors librarians, publishers, and authors whose accomplishments have been judged of the highest order.
Resources and Links:
RUSA Achievement Awards Reception: Sunday of Annual Conference from 5-6:30 p.m.
RUSA Book and Media Awards Reception: Sunday of Midwinter Meeting from 5-7 p.m.
(Both award receptions are open to all conference attendees. Room locations are listed in the ALA program guide.)
Key Deadline Dates for the RUSA Achievement Awards:
- Award chairs are asked to update contact information, review award pages, and committee rosters and send any changes to the RUSA office by August 15th.
- Award committees send out calls for award nominations via list servs, social media, eblasts, blog posts.
- RUSA office issues calls for award nominations via internal media (AL Direct, list servs, social media, blog, and website).
One Week After Midwinter:
- Final deadline for all award decisions (exception is BRASS Student Travel Award which is two weeks after Midwinter)
Two Weeks After Midwinter:
- Chairs notify winners, sponsors, and nominators and inform winners and sponsors of date and time of the RUSA Awards Reception.
- Chairs work with winner to fill out media profile and W-9 which are due Feb 1.
- Media Profiles and W-9 due to RUSA office. (Please note: The winner’s check, when applicable, is processed based on this form. Any delay in completing the form delays the receipt of the check).
- RUSA office issues press releases announcing winners. As releases are published by ALA, the RUSA office sends copies to winners, sponsors, and chairs with notes of thanks and congratulations. At this time the winner information is public and may be shared.
- Winners’ checks mailed (based on receipt of sponsor funds, media profile and W-9 form turned in on time)
- Achievement Awards ceremony is the Sunday of Annual Conference at 5-6:30pm.