$67 Regular | $25 Student | $33 Support Staff | $33 Retired & Non-Salaried | $80 Organization/Corporate
Do you belong in RUSA? Come learn more about the Reference and User Services Association--a division of ALA. Current members looking for ways to get involved with the division are also welcome to attend RUSA 101 online presentations during the year about the benefits of belonging to RUSA. RUSA 101 live presentations are announced on our website, blog and on the RUSA-L online discussion list.
Listen to RUSA 101 online: Click here to view and listen to a recorded webinar of RUSA 101 (you may need to download Java to view this presentation).
View the RUSA 101 PowerPoint here (PDF Format).
Who we are: RUSA is home to librarians, support staff, managers, students, retirees, organizations, and many others who work or have an interest in the following areas:
- Readers' advisory
- Business reference
- Collection development and evaluation
- History: genealogy, bibliography, archiving, and bibliography
- Computer-based reference and information systems, including mobile apps and computer software
- Emerging reference technologies
- Resource sharing and interlibrary cooperation, including inter-library loan
- Reference, Adult and User Services
- Reference Guidelines and Standards
What we do:
- Present opportunities to connect with RUSA colleagues in their area of expertise to benefit their careers through networking, learning, and collaboration.
- Support and participate in the development of professional tools such as the Standards and Guidelines, the Notable Books List, and the Reading List.
- Offer reduced registration fees for learning opportunities including online courses, ALA’s Annual Conference, and the Midwinter Meeting.
- Stay up-to-date on news from the association and in the field with communication tools like RUSQ, the RUSA blog, RUSA Update, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Offer opportunities to become eligible for one of more than two dozen awards honoring librarians, libraries, publishers, and authors for significant achievements such as publications, program development and leadership in reference and user services.
- Offer membership in any of RUSA’s sections—subject-specific groups that delve further into the areas RUSA represents.
Already a member?
Beyond the scope of membership dues, your donation as a “Friend of RUSA” ensures excellence in the Association's traditional programs and services and supports organizational growth and improvement as our profession meets the exciting challenges of the 21st century.