The following bibliography was compiled by LaJuan Pringle for the IRTF program "All the News You Never Get: Breaking the International News Blockade," held on June 26, 2006 in New Orleans.
Bibliography of sources for "All the News You Never Get: Breaking the International News Blockade"
- Akol, Jacob. Foreign News, What Foreign News?, New African, Jan 2002
- Alterman, Eric. What Liberal Media? The Truth about Bias and the News. Basic Books, 2003
- Borjesson, Kristina. Feet to the Fire: The Media after 9/11. Prometheus, 2005
- Borjesson, Kristina. Into the Buzzsaw: Leading Journalists Expose the Myth of a Free Press. Prometheus, 2002
- Cohen, Elliot D. News Incorporated: Corporate Media Ownership and Its Threat to Democracy. Prometheus, 2005
- Colorito, Rita. Ignoring Foreign News, World & I, May 2000
- Levine, Peter. Journalism and Democracy: Does it Matter How Well the Press Covers Iraq?, National Civic Review, Fall 2004
- Moeller, Susan. Compassion Fatigue: How the Media Sells Disease, Famine, War and Death. Routledge, 1999.
- Niman, Michael I. Yes, We Murder Journalists: Part Three in a Troubling Series, The Humanist, April 2006
- Online News Audience Larger, More Diverse: News Audiences Increasingly Politicized. The Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, 8 Jun 2004.
- Seib, Philip. Beyond the Front Lines: How the News Media Cover a World Shaped by War. Palgrave MacMillan, 2004
- Seib, Philip. The News Media and the “Clash of Civilizations”, Parameter, Winter 2004-05
- Stacks, John F. Hard Times for Hard News: A Clinical Look at U.S. Foreign Coverage, World Policy Journal, Winter 2003/2004
- Stempel III, Guido H. and Thomas Hargrove. Despite Gains, Internet Not Major Player as News Source, Newspaper Research Journal, Spring 2004
Website of Interest