IFRT offers the perfect opportunity to get involved in intellectual freedom issues at the national level. Lots of opportunities exist for committee volunteers. Becoming an IFRT member is a great way to meet others interested in censorship and the freedom to read. Membership in the Intellectual Freedom Round Table is open to any ALA member.
To Join IFRT --
- Include IFRT when you join ALA or renew your membership.
IFRT Membership Dues --
Personal Members $15 Institutional Members $20 Student Members $5
At Conferences You Can --
- Attend meetings and programs at Midwinter and Annual Conferences
- Check the Intellectual Freedom Blog for a full list with links to the scheduler
Between Conferences You Can --
- Participate in FREE intellectual freedom webinars
- Vote for IFRT officers
- ALA elections are held in the Spring of each year. Election results are announced in early May. Visit the ALA Election page for more general ALA election information, schedules, and past results.
- Volunteer for IFRT committees or run for a position on the Executive Board
- Visit and bookmark www.ala.org/ifrt
- Subscribe to the IFRT-Members listserv
- Access to the annual IFRT Report and featured columns
- Receive monthly IFRT newsletters with updates and reminders
- Subscribe to the Intellectual Freedom News
- Follow IFRT on social media and the hashtag #IntellectualFreedom
Subscribe to the IFRT-Members listserv
IFRT-Members is a moderated discussion forum open to anyone who is a member of IFRT and has an interest in the activities and organization of the Intellectual Freedom Round Table (IFRT) and discusses intellectual freedom topics.
After subscribing to IFRT-Members, send your messages to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not a member of IFRT, send your message, and the list owner will post it to the list, if appropriate.
The IFRT-B list serves to facilitate communication within the Intellectual Freedom Round Table Executive Board. IFRT-B is open only to the IFRT Executive Board members. However, if anyone wishes to communicate some information to the IFRT Executive Board, they may do so by sending the message to email@example.com and list owner will post it to the list, if appropriate.