- To study convention procedures to set standards for booth rental, space assignment, exhibit hours, and information for exhibitors to plan an effective display.
- To act as an interface between exhibitors and the Association.
The Exhibits Round Table is unique among ALA units in that librarians and exhibitors share both the leadership positions and membership of ERT. The Round Table provides a venue for communication and cooperation between the exhibitors at library conferences and ALA for the purpose of making the exhibits an effective part of conference.
Tips for Exhibiting
The ERT board has develop a list of tips to help exhibitors be more successful at ALA events. Follow the link below to download the list.
Annual Conference ERT Programs
Guidelines for Participation:
- Vendor must be a member in good standing of ERT.
- Programs must discuss topics, products or services of new and significant interest to conference attendees. Products can be discussed generally, but these ERT sponsored programs are not an opportunity for a sales talk.
- Vendor assists with publicity of program and any marketing material should include that the program is ERT sponsored.
- Presenters will be expected to use audiovisual technology for their program, and all vendors will share the cost of AV as part of the meeting room costs. (Approximately $600 each with any overage on this cost going into the Hoy Scholarship Fund)
- All programs are one hour in length. All ERT programs will take place in the same room during the convention, times for each program will be determined based on date of submission of the program.
- It is important to have attention-grabbing giveaways--think fun and interesting.
- Copies of the proposal must include:
a) Session Title and accurate description of your session, using up to 75 words.
b) Learning Objectives for the program: provide outcomes that pinpoint what you expect participants to be able to do after the program. Professional education is “how to” education, more about application and implementation. What will change because of your presentation? Is it intended to be a how to session with practical solutions and lots of takeaways, inspirational, or theoretical?
c) Define your target audience: librarians? Paraprofessionals? Technicians? Academic or public libraries? Big and urban or small and rural?
d) Identify speaker/speakers/panel names and qualifications, etc. If program is a panel, include members of the library community, subject experts and vendors.
e) Provide primary contact information for the program (full mail address, phone numbers/fax/e-mail). All ALA communication will go to this primary contact.
Selection of programs:
The ERT Education Committee comprised of ALA Librarian members will determine selection of programs based on individual program proposals.
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Degree to which purpose and objectives in the presentation offers up-to-date information on current issues faced by library and information professionals.
- Quality of program presentation and scope
- Relevance to target audience
- Creativity with proposed presentation, marketing, etc.
Right of Rejection, Withdrawal or Adjustment
ERT reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal, as well as any portion of the proposal if guidelines are not followed.
If you have questions about the submission process, please feel free to reach out to a member of the ERT Board @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
ERT/Christopher J. Hoy Scholarship and Artist Alley Silent Auction - Annual Conference
- This event features numerous donations auctioned during the Annual Conference with proceeds going towards member scholarships via the Christopher J. Hoy fund.
Exhibits Round Table (ERT) membership is open to all library associations, interested librarians, and firms or individuals exhibiting at library meetings. Current membership is approximately split half-and-half between personal and library organizational memberships, on the one hand, and corporate memberships, on the other. More...
Questions? Email us: email@example.com