base line - 1981 to present - The MAGIRT newsletter; includes meeting minutes and the comic “Great Moments in Map Librarianship” by Jim Coombs.
- Helpful Hints for Small Map Collections. Mary Larsgaard and Katherine Rankin, 1997
- Electronic Maps and Geographic Information Systems. Margaret Brill, 1997
- Metadata Primer for Map Librarians, 2001
- Helpful Hints for the Paperless Map Librarian. David Y. Allen, 2004
- Map Imaging Service Providers.David Y. Allen, 2004
- A Guide to the Cartographic Products of the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP). Michele Shular, 2006
- Map,GIS and Cataloging /Metadata Librarian Core Competencies MAGERT Education Committee and subcommittees on GIS Librarian Core Competencies, Map Librarian Core Competencies, Cataloging and Metadata Core Competencies, 2008. This document was revised in 2012 to comply with accessibility standards.
- Map Collection Security Guidelines. MAGERT Task Force on Security for Cartographic Resources, 2010
- GIS in EVERY Library: Making it Happen - The Top 5 GIS Resources from our panelists and MAGERT Board Members, 2010
- There's a Map for That! Maps and tools you did not know about; handout from the MAGIRT Program presented June 25, 2011
- The Founding of ALA's Map and Geography Roundtable. Katherine H. Weimer, 2011
- Volunteered Geographic Information: Selected Web Resources. Cynthia Dietz and Joy Suh, 2012
- Guidelines for Cataloging Cartographic Resources Using RDA. Prepared by the Map and Geospatial Information Round Table Cataloging and Classification Committee’s Task Force on Best Practices, 2017
Cartographic Citations: a Style Guide. Second edition. By Christine Kollen, Wangyal Shawa & Mary Larsgaard, 2010. (ISBN 978-0-8389-8556-4). Available from the ALA Store, $20.
Canadian customers, please use CLA Store.
Great Moments in Map Librarianship: cartoons from the first 30 years of base line. By Jim Coombs, 2010. (ISBN 978-0-8389-8555-7). Available from the ALA Store, $40.
Or $35 by sending a check made out to American Library Association to Jim Coombs, Maps Library, Missouri State University, 901 S. National, #175, Springfield, MO 65897.
Coordinates - Series A: original, peer-reviewed articles & B: essays & other short pieces. 2005 - 2011 Online journal of MAGIRT
No. 1 Cartographic Citations--A Style Guide
1992 ISBN 0-8389-7821-5 $10.00
No. 2 Index to the Library of Congress "G" Schedule--A Map and Atlas Classification Aid 1996 $25.00
Committee Publications 2002-2008
Publications from various committees. Continued by Electronic Publication Series.
Guide to U.S. Map Resources. 3rd edition. 2006, $80.00 (ISBN 0-8108-5268-3)
Rare, Antiquarian, or Just Plain Old: Cataloging Pre-Twentieth Century Cartographic Resources : a MAGERT Pre-Conference. Washington, D.C.: MAGERT, 2007.
The West Indies and Florida to 1900: An Annotated Carto-Bibliography 1995. (ISBN 0-8389-0547-1)
A multi-disciplinary, scholarly journal devoted to the study of the design, production, use, storage and retrieval, and history of information recorded in the cartographic format. Ceased with no.16 (1999).
Occasional Paper Series. 1986-1993
Papers presented at past & future ALA MAGERT conferences; refereed (per July 11, 1982 Executive Committee Meeting minutes). Last published in 1993
- Exploration and Mapping of the American West, Selected Essays
1986 $20.00 ISBN 0-932757-01-4
- A Guide to Historical Map Resources for Greater New York
1988 $15 ISBN 0-932757-02-2
- Mapping the Transmississippi West, 1540-1861: An Index to the Cartobibliography
1992 $35.00 ISBN 0-932757-03
- Exploration and Mapping of the National Parks
1993 $40.00 ISBN 0-932757-04-9
Open File Reports. 1986-1994
On-demand photocopies (in paper covers) which are provided as a service to the map library community. Titles are generally of an ephemeral nature, or are too focused or specialized to warrant general distribution as formal publications. Ceased in 1994; continued by Electronic Publication Series.
No. 86-1. Vick, Nancy, J. Guide to U.S. Map Resources: A Personal Name Index. 1986. 16 sheets. $1.60.
No. 86-2. Sunnen, Linda, and Daniel O. Holmes. Map Room Acquistion Procedures: University of California, Berkeley: A Systems Analysis. 1984. 36 sheets. $3.60. (An introductory examination of the problems, with suggested solutions)
No. 86-3. County Coordinates (4-corner latitude/longitude; degrees and minutes)
- AZ: Arizona County Coordinates
- CA: R. Bruce Robertson, California County Coordinates, 1984
- HI: Baldwin, James A., Hawaii County Coordinates: Including Major Islands and National Parks,1987 - Data missing as of 2/2011
- IL: Wenner, Alex and Marian Hunter, Illinois County Coordinates, 1985
- IN: Baldwin, James A., Indiana County Coordinates, 1990
- IA: Kohrt, Casey, Iowa County Coordinates, 2002
- MI: McDonnell, Michael, Michigan County Coordinates (including public lands), 1989
- MN: Olson, John A., Minnesota County Coordinates, 1991
- MO: Wilson, Allen P., Missouri County Coordinates, 1988
- NV: Nevada County Coordinates
- OH: Collins, Evron S., Ohio County Coordinates, 1989
- UT: Robertson, R. Bruce, Utah County Coordinates, 1984
- WY: Walsh, Jim, Wyoming County Coordinates: Including National Parks and Monuments, and Wind River Indian Reservation, 1986
No. 86-4 Vick, Nancy J. Latin America Cutter List: First and Second Order Administrative Divisions. August 1988. 30 leaves. $3.00. (An expansion of the Library of Congress "G" classification schedule; excludes Mexico).
No. 86-5 Cobb, David A., United States Coordinates, 1986 , (4-corner latitude/longitude for each state--degrees and minutes)
No. 86-7 Sample Map Workforms for M.A.R.C. Input. 8 sheets (some printed on both sides). Locally devised OCLC, RLIN, and UTLAS input workforms.) $1.50.
No. 88-1 Loeffler, Robert P. and Nancy Kandoian, An English Translation of Words Abbreviated in Ritter's Lexikon
No. 88-2 MAGERT Alphabetical Membership List. January 1990. Please check for price and date of most recent update.
No. 88-3 Lorrain, Janice and Jim Coombs (with a "tip o' the hat" to Charles A. Seavey). A Map Index to the LC "G" schedule. 1988, rev. 1990. 23 leaves. $2.30. (A new, expanded, and improved set of base maps showing place names and "G" schedule 4-digit area numbers.)
No. 89-1 Holmer, Heidi. U.S. National Parks and Forests Cutter List, Including National Historical Parks and Wilderness Areas. 1989. 21 leaves. $2.10. (This OFR is periodically updated to include new parks, forests, and wilderness areas.)
No. 92-1 Kollen, Christine. Geographic Cutter List for Mexico: Regions, Districts and Towns and Cities. 1992. 17 leaves. $1.70.
No. 92-2 Coombs, Jim. Great Moments in Map Librarianship: The First Ten Years of Cartoons. 1992. 30 leaves. $3.00.
No. 94-1 Thiry, Christopher JJ. USSR 1:200,000 Index. 1994. 64 leaves. $6.40.