LIRT-L is a moderated discussion forum open to anyone who is a member of LIRT and has an interest in the activities and organization of the Library Instruction Round Table (LIRT) of the American Library Association. The list is not intended to be a forum for general discussion of information literacy issues. Those interested in those discussions should use ILI-L.
You can manually subscribe to LIRT-L by doing the following:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leave the subject empty.
- In the body, simply put a single line:
Subscribe LIRT-L firstname lastname
- Send the email.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to LIRT-L by doing the following -- however you must be a member of LIRT in order to use this option:
- Go to http://lists.ala.org/
- Login with your e-mail address and password. If you haven't created a password, click on the "First Login?" link.
- You can browse or search for lists of interest; search for lirt-l.
- The search should return one search result -- email@example.com -- click on that link.
- On the left side bar, click on the "Subscribe" option.
- If you want to unsubscribe to the list, follow these same instructions, but lick on the "Unsubscribe" option.
After subscribing to LIRT-L, send your messages to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not a member of lirt-l, send your message, and the list owner will post it to the list, if appropriate.
LIRT-S and LIRT-E
The LIRT-S and LIRT-E lists serve to facilitate communication within the Library Instruction Round Table Steering Committee and Executive Board and also as a mechanism for LIRT committee members to communicate information to the LIRT Steering Committee and Executive Board. LIRT-S and LIRT-E are open only to LIRT Steering Committee and Executive Board members. However, if anyone wishes to communicate some information to the LIRT Steering Committee or Executive Board, s/he may do so by sending the message to the the appropriate list email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and the list owner will post it to the appropriate list.