Greetings NMRT'ers! Since 2005 we have been offering an Online Discussion Forum so that those who are unable to attend the Midwinter and Annual Meetings can discuss and interact with fellow NMRT members. However, since those beginning days, the committee has developed beyond just providing a vehicle for non-conference attendees to connect; we're also a portal for members (both new and seasoned) to share their concerns, professional strategies, and advice. We will hold monthly discussions on the NMRT-L e-mail list, October - May. We will also be hosting some live chats. Topics are listed below. Summaries will be posted here as the discussions happen.
2018-2019 Topic Schedule:
- Creative Programming (NMRT-L)
- Engaging with your patrons and community through social media (NMRT-L)
- Managing Stress (NMRT-L)
- What Kind of Librarian Are You? (live Twitter chat #NMRTChat)
- Applications and Interviewing (NMRT-L)
- Presenting at Conferences (NMRT-L)
- Partnerships Between Libraries (NMRT-L)
- Harnessing social media for promotion of your library and services (live Twitter chat #NMRTChat)
- Navigating Bureaucracy at Your Institution (NMRT-L)
- Services to Special Populations (NMRT-L)
To plan and execute an online discussion forum.
History of the Committee
The Online Discussion Forum committee started in the 2005-2006 year and was formed from the consolidation of previous committees, including Online Book Discussion.
- Suggest and set topics for the monthly NMRT-L discussion
- Solicit topic suggestions from the Online Discussion Forum Committee
- Lead monthly discussion on the NMRT-L email list
- Investigate new ways of supporting online discussion and networking through the year and at the Midwinter and Annual conferences
2019-2020 Committee Roster
Chair: Laura Birkenhauer (email@example.com)