INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
How to Create a Candidate Bio
All candidates must complete the Online Bio Form by no later than January 6, 2006 (see instructions below). Should you need assistance, please contact Erin Ellis ( email@example.com ).
1) Go to https://www.ala.org/cfapps/ballot/ and click on "Create Login Page."
2) Once you've created your login, you will be returned to the login page where you will enter your email address and password.
3) When you login for the first time, you will be asked to identify the unit (select "New Members") and the position that you are running for within that unit. (Note: If you are running for a director position, select "Unit Board Member.")
4) If logging in for the first time, you will be asked to complete some basic biographical information. Please have your ALA member number ready. If you entered the basic biographical information during an earlier visit to the site, you will be taken directly to the main application page.
5) On the main application page there are links for creating/editing the long form questions for the ballot, a link to edit your address, and a link to review or print your ballot information. The form is currently designed so that you may edit your information as often as you like until the deadline (January 23, 2004). However, two fields have word limits that are being enforced by the form. "Major Accomplishments" is limited to 175 words and "Professional Concerns" is limited to 150 words.
6) If you have any questions regarding the form, please contact Erin Ellis.
How to Participate in the Candidate Forum at Midwinter
Thank you to those candidates who were able to participate in the NMRT candidates' forum at the Midwinter Conference in San Antonio!
How to Participate in the Online Candidate Forum
NMRT is pleased to host an online candidates' forum for our membership to be held from February 14 to March 10 on the NMRT-L discussion list. The forum will allow candidates to discuss their candidacy and answer questions while providing the NMRT members with an opportunity to hear directly on the issues that matter most to them. The first week (February 14-17) will be for candidates for VP/President Elect, the second week (February 21-24) for candidates for Secretary and Assistant Treasure/Treasurer-Elect, the third week (February 28-March 3) for candidates for Director, and the fourth week (March 7-10) will be dedicated to candidates for ALA President. In order to participate in the forum, you must have a computer with Internet access and be online between February 14 and March 10. For more information on how to participate, please contact Erin Ellis.
Created & Maintained by the NMRT Nominating Committee
Contact: Erin Ellis ( firstname.lastname@example.org), NMRT Nominating Committee Chair
Last Update: January 26, 2006