The Liaison Coordination and Support (LC&S) Committee is responsible for the Liaison Program. Liaisons provide a method of outreach from New Members Round Table (NMRT) to other American Library Association (ALA) divisions, round tables, and units, as well as other library associated organization to promote attendance and participation in programs, discussion forums, events and committees. The LC&S chair and assistant chair appoint liaisons every year.
History of the Committee
The Liaisons were a loosely organized group, reporting to and coordinated by the Networking Director. Also, in the past, the NMRT groups of state ALA chapters sent representatives to NMRT, called the Affiliates Council. To revitalize these groups, a Liaison Coordination and Support Ad Hoc Committee was appointed in 2002-2003 to investigate the possibility of creating a standing committee for liaisons and to propose a plan to establish the NMRT Liaison Program. The Executive Board decided during Midwinter 2003 that a separate committee should reevaluate the Affiliates Program.
- Recruit NMRT members to serve as liaisons to other ALA divisions, round tables, and units as well as other library associated organizations (ex. State associations).
- Committee members should be assigned an equal number of units whose liaisons they will coordinate.
- Provide best practices and strategies for effective liaison activities.
- Serve as a contact person for liaisons.
2019-2020 Committee Roster
- Karen Mueller (Chair)
- Sara Jurek (Assistant Chair)
- Regina Bouley Sweeten
- Victoria Rose Kowanetz
- Hannah Chapman Tripp
Links for Liaisons
Interested in being a liaison? Sign up here.