The Map and Geospatial Information Round Table (MAGIRT) leads and inspires information professionals at all levels of expertise in their work with map and geospatial information resources, collections and technologies in all formats, through community, education and advocacy.
- A forum for the exchange of ideas by persons working with or interested in map, geography, or geospatial collections or information.
- Advocacy and education for increased availability, use and control of map and geospatial collections.
- Annual meetings with informative programs and opportunities to meet professional colleagues; virtual and Midwinter working meetings providing opportunities for involvement on committees and task forces; and informal social gatherings offering fun and new friends.
- Publications such as base line, the MAGIRT newsletter; Cartographic Citations: a Style Guide (2nd edition published in 2010) and others related to map, geospatial, geography and GIS libraries and librarianship.
MAGIRT 2018 Webinar series Building Geospatial Communities
- May 3rd, Geospatial Data Projects: Getting Started and Keeping Momentum
- May 9th, Hold a Mapathon and build a community of mappers! An Introduction to the Nimble Tents Toolkit and OSM
- May 17th, Genealogical Research with Maps at the New York Public Library
Please note webinars are free for MAGIRT members and $25 dollars for non-members. Group discounts are available.
Please send any comments or corrections on this website to email@example.com.