The Education Committee's Government Information Competencies are targeted to beginning government information librarians and to general reference librarians. The Competencies document includes a survey and separate parts for federal, state, & international competencies.
- Survey: Results and Analysis for GODORT Competencies Survey
- Pt. 1 - Federal Government Information Competencies and Guide Approved at ALA Annual 2011
- Pt. 2 - State Government Information Competencies - State Agencies Databases. Since state information varies widely, the State and Local Task Force decided proficiency in using these databases would demonstrate competency.
- Pt. 3 - International Government Information Competencies
- Appendix I: History of the Competencies Project
- Appendix II: International Government Organization Acquisitions: Core Competencies
- Appendix III: Suggested Resources