The Development Committee is responsible, in conjunction with other GODORT entities, for creating and implementing a Development Plan, with functions to include:
- identifying and soliciting funds from external sources of support;
- developing a list of potential individual and corporate donors and private foundations;
- researching and developing various fundraising projects for the purpose of support to the scholarship endowment and subsidizing group events, speakers and programs;
- planning and implementing fundraisers for GODORT activities; aiding the Chair with solicitations and contacts as needed; and
- coordinating with the ALA Development Office as necessary.
David Rozkuszka Scholarship Fundraising
The W. David Rozkuszka Scholarship provides financial assistance to an individual who is currently working with government documents in a library and is trying to complete a master's degree in library science. This award, established in 1994, is named after W. David Rozkuszka, former Documents Librarian at Stanford University. The award winner receives $3,000. GODORT awards the scholarship annually.
David Rozkuszka was a Government Documents Librarian at Stanford University for more than 25 years until his death in January 1997. David was a noted expert in the area of foreign government documents. During his career he assisted librarians from all over the country in their pursuit of this elusive material. He was the consummate professional and served as an outstanding role model for all those fortunate enough to have known him.
Recognition of David's contributions to the profession by the Government Documents Round Table, American Library Association, resulted in the establishment of a scholarship in David's name for library school students working with government documents and government information resources.
Contributions to the GODORT scholarship fund are always welcome. Please send your tax-deductible contribution to support the W. David Rozkuszka Scholarship. The check may be addressed to ALA/GODORT with a note in the memo field "Rozkuszka Scholarship."
Please send checks to the GODORT Treasurer.
For a list of past Rozkuszka Scholarship recipients, visit the Past Award Winners page.