The purposes of the Government Documents Round Table are:
- to provide a forum for the discussion of problems and concerns and for the exchange of ideas by librarians working with government documents;
- to provide a nexus for initiating and supporting programs to increase the availability, use and bibliographic control of documents;
- to increase communication between documents librarians and the larger community of information professionals;
- to contribute to the education and training of documents librarians.
Where to Find Information
GODORT is in the process of updating its content. You can find the most current information at the links below:
- GODORT Directory
- GODORT Committees
- GODORT Task Forces
- Documents to the People (DttP)
- GODORT on the ALA Wiki
You can find additional information here:
Are you interested in joining GODORT? Please visit our New and Prospective Members page.
About These Pages
Member leaders and volunteers are actively working to migrate this Round Table's collection of online resources onto the American Library Association's redesigned website. Please contact the staff liaison listed below for more information on this Round Table's activities and materials.
You can find contact information for the current ALA GODORT Website Staff Liaison under the "Liaisons and Contacts" section of the current GODORT Directory.