Emily Drew, Chair
To provide best practices documentation and a forum for discussion on the topic of graphic novels and comics cataloging, classification, discoverability & accessibility, shelving arrangements, and other related organization of knowledge activities.
- Members of the Committee shall endeavor to create/update/share documentation on best practices for the larger library community.
- Keep an open forum for ongoing discussion about ways to increase consistency in knowledge activities related to graphic novels and comics.
- Liaise with other cataloging and metadata committees to keep open channels.
- Committee members should aim but are not required to:
- Participate and assist with conference meetings and programs to promote best practices as described above.
- Include graphic novels, comics, and the descriptive practices therein in wider library-related discussions.
- Promote professional development opportunities to support and strengthen library staff and colleagues.
- 10-15 virtual members
- ALA Staff Liaison
- 2 Years