Mariela Siegert, Chair
Our mission is to promote, administer, and jury the Will Eisner Graphic Novel Grants for Libraries and in doing so encourage and support any type of library that has an idea on how to start, or grow, a successful graphic novel program for their patrons and their community so that fellowship and value for the visual storytelling art can be achieved.
- To work with the Staff Liaison to build and share communication about the WEGNGL.
- To promote the WEGNGL and the recipients through social media, programming, etc.
- To work with Staff Liaison to prepare grant submissions for jury process.
- To review grant submissions, score using established rubric, and select recipients based on set criteria.
- To regularly review WEGNGL criteria and rubric and propose changes.
- To regularly review the WEGNGL procedures and make changes as needed for committee efficiency.
- 14 virtual members
- The members will be split into seven in the Growth Grant Committee and seven in the Innovation Grant Committee.
- The one Chair will oversee both committees.
- ALA Staff Liaison
- 2 years (Chair)
- 1 year (members), but if requested may serve 2 years in a row