Amanda Melilli & Matthew Murray, co-Chairs
The GNCRT Awards & Reading Lists Committee is tasked with establishing and ensuring efficient function of GNCRT award and reading list member groups.
- Creates rules and procedures for awards and reading lists member groups.
- Identifies, approves, and implements new awards and reading lists and associated member groups.
- Offers recommendations to group chairs on new and existing procedures for group operations based on a thorough knowledge of ALA and GNCRT policy and committee operations.
- Communicates with the GNCRT board about the progress of the award/reading list groups, identifies common problems, and suggests solutions.
- Coordinates training and orientation for incoming group members.
- Works with sponsors and partners to fund prizes for awards.
- Works with other ALA groups to coordinate non-GNCRT awards and reading lists involving graphic novels and comics.
- Reports back to membership of the GNCRT and surveys membership for new award/reading list group recommendations.
- Promotes established awards and reading lists.
- 5-7 virtual members, including at least two members from the previous year
- ALA Staff Liaison
- 2 years