WHO WE ARE
The Graphic Novels and Comics Round Table is a collaborative organization dedicated to supporting library staff in all aspects of engaging with graphic novels and comics, including collection development, programming, and advocacy. GNCRT offers support to all types of libraries serving all types of users, whether the library is just beginning to build a collection, growing it, or finding new ways to promote the collection’s use and improve its visibility.
WHAT WE DO
- Advocate for and promote comics and graphic novels
- Develop programming and create Pop-Up libraries at comic conventions and library conferences
- Administer the Will Eisner Graphic Novel Grants for Libraries
- Provide networking opportunities for library staff and educators involved with graphic novels and comics
- Curate and create resources for collection development, best practices, and programming
- Create outreach opportunities to grow membership and allow more access to our resources
- Discuss and advocate for issues around cataloging and metadata
GNCRT’s first board was elected in spring 2019 and will take office during ALA’s
Annual Conference in summer 2019.
Amie Wright, President
Alea Perez, Vice President/President-Elect
Eva Volin, Treasurer
Candice (Wing-yee) Mack, Secretary
Marcela Peres, Member-at-Large
Moni Barrette, Member-at-Large
Danica Sheridan, Member-at-Large
Matthew Murray, Member-at-Large
The GNCRT bylaws were adopted by the membership in spring 2019. Read them here: http://www.ala.org/rt/gncrt/bylaws.
CONNECT WITH US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GNCRT
ALA Connect: http://bit.ly/GNCRTConnect