A resource from the GLBTRT toolkit "Open to All: Serving the GLBT Community in Your Library"
Please note: There are many good, quality titles that could be included on this list. It is not exhaustive, but serves merely as a starting point for Librarians looking for a basic list for collection development. This list will be updated as new titles are published and will try to remain balanced in its approach towards topics relating to serving GLBT customers.
- A Legal Guide For Lesbian and Gay Couples by Denis Clifford, Frederick Hertz, and Emily Doskow. NOLO, 2014.
- Coming Out, Coming Home: Helping Families Adjust to a Gay or Lesbian Child by Michael C. LaSala. Columbia University Press, 2012.
- Family Pride: What LGBT Families Should Know About Navigating Home, School, and Safety in their Neighborhoods by Michael Shelton. Beacon Press, 2013.
- GLBTQ: The Survival Guide for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Teens by Kelly Huegel. Free Spirit, 2011.
- Let’s Get This Straight: The Ultimate Guide for Youth with LGBTQ Parents by Tina Fakhrid-Deen. Seal Press, 2012.
- Safe Spaces: Making Schools and Communities Welcoming for LGBT Youth by Annemarie Vacarro, Gerri August, and Megan Kennedy. Praeger, 2012.
- Stonewall: Breaking Out in the Fight for Gay Rights by Ann Bausum. Penguin Young Readers Group, 2015.
- This Is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids: A Question & Answer Guide to Everyday Life by Dannielle Owens-Reid and Kristin Russo. Chronicle Books, 2012.
- Transgender 101: A Simple Guide to a Complex Issue by Nicholas Teich. Columbia University Press, 2012.
- What If? Answers to Questions About What it Means to be Gay and Lesbian by Eric Marcus. Simon Pulse, 2013.