FAFLRT Board Meeting – June 8, 2017
Approve May meeting minutes
ALA Annual Conference
- Check with speakers; confirm for Funding Mandates and Leadership & Librarianship sessions
- Equipment request for program rooms
- Moderators, check on the rooms 30 minutes prior to event
- Transfer of funds for food and beverage completed
- Kathleen will present Anne’s award
- Karl will present Vicky’s award
- Virginia will present Heather’s award
- ASCLA is responsible for room setup
- Kathleen will have awards mailed to her hotel in Chicago
- Request to Richard for reimbursement
- On Sunday, June 25th 1:00-2:30
- Will discuss FAFLRT/ASCLA merger
- Updates and legislative matters will also be discussed
FAFLRT Board lunch on Sunday
- We will meet after the Dr. Scott program to go to lunch in the vicinity of the convention center.
Decided against printing brochure.
Website – after ALA Annual, several web pages will require updating.
Federal Librarian – Fall issue released around late September or early October 2017.
ASCLA/FAFLRT Merger – many details to be worked out before the 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver. At that meeting, FAFLRT and ASCLA representative will need to present a detailed proposal to merge the two units to the Committee on Operations.
Partial list of issues to address:
- Features of the merger
- Possible new name for the merged entity
- Interest Groups
- Social media presence, e-mail list, newsletter under the new structure