About the Coretta Scott King Public Relations(PR)/Fund-Raising Standing Committee
- Devise ways to increase the visibility and awareness of the CSK Book Awards and programs through advertisements in appropriate magazines, association newsletters, and other media.
- Compose and distribute fund-raising letters to underwrite CSK Book Awards programs.
- Work closely with the Committee Chair; the Anniversary Chair; and the Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services.
- Provide a report to the Committee members at the Midwinter and Annual Conferences.
- Secure an exhibit table at the Annual Conference as necessary to promote CSK Book Awards and membership efforts.
- Steward the CSK Book Awards brand and image.
- Ensure that the CSK Book Awards are maintained through effective marketing and communication tools consistent with clearly defined objectives to enhance the reputation and recognition of the CSK Book Awards and the Virginia Hamilton Award for Lifetime Achievement.
- The Chair of the Committee shall provide a report to the Committee members at the Midwinter and Annual Conferences.
- The Chair of the Committee shall transfer past records to the Committee Chair within 60 days after leaving office.
ALA Staff Liaison
ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
(800) 545-2433, ext. 4294