National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) Academic Library Survey
The Compare Academic Libraries tool allows users to compare one library (the library of interest) with similar libraries (the comparison group). For example, a user may wish to compare one library's total circulation with the total circulation of a group of libraries with similar total expenditures.
To use Compare Academic Libraries:
- Select the library of interest for which you want to find a comparison group.
- Choose the basis for identifying similar libraries (the “Comparison Group”): e.g. size of staff.
- Choose the information you would like displayed in the report.
- View the report, which compares your library of interest with its comparison group.
Tabulations from Academic Library Surveys dating to 1990. The These academic libraries are informational resources within degree-granting postsecondary institutions in the United States, including institutions that are eligible for Title IV aid and
branch campuses of Title IV eligible institutions.
- Academic Libraries: 2010 First Look (pdf)
- Academic Libraries: 2008 First Look (pdf)
- 2006 E.D. Tabs (pdf)
- 2006 E.D. Tabs - Supplemental Tables (pdf)
- 2004 E.D. Tabs (pdf)
- 2000 E.D. Tabs (pdf)
- 1998 E.D. Tabs (pdf)
- 1996 E.D. Tabs (pdf)
- 1994 E.D. Tabs (pdf)
- 1992 E.D. Tabs (pdf)
- 1990 E.D. Tabs (pdf)
Documentation for the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) Academic Library Survey includes training modules, presentations, committee roster, meeting notes and 2008 questionaire.
Contact the Office for Research & Statistics for questions about content on this page.