Library Staff Studies
Results of Supplementary Questions in Annual ALA Survey of Librarian Salaries
- Librarian Salaries: Have they kept pace? (2005) (pdf)
- Compensation Strategies Used in Public and Academic Libraries (2005) (pdf)
- Library Staff Covered by Collective Bargaining Agreements (2005) (pdf)
- Library Support Staff Job Titles (2004)
- Employee Benefits (2003)
- Spending on Staff Development (2001)
- Collective Bargaining Agreement and Pay Systems (1997)
- Survey of Internet Access Management in Public Libraries (pdf)
Prepared for ALA by the Library Research Center, GSLIS, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
State libraries reporting salary data
- Summary of Data - 2006 (pdf)
Also see the American Library Association's biennial Salary Survey, currently administered by the ALA's Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA).
Contact the Office for Research & Statistics for questions about content on this page.