In Florida’s elementary schools, FCAT scores are higher where
In Florida’s elementary schools, FCAT [Florida's Comprehensive Assessment Test] scores are higher where:
- There is a certified, university-trained library media specialist.
- The total number of paid staff is higher and there are more hours per week of staffing.
- Circulation is higher.
- Schools have access to the library media center catalog through the school’s computer network.
- There are more books and videos.
- There are more computers in the library media center and those computers provide Internet access.
- There are more non-print materials purchased from the school budget.