Guidelines for use of publicity images
In a Nutshell: The Worlds of Maurice Sendak
Site Support Notebook
In the event of violation of the following conditions, the sponsors of the exhibition reserve the right to terminate a host site’s use of the exhibition.
- Host sites are authorized to use approved images (found on the publicity CD) in publicity for the exhibit. Host sites may authorize newspapers and other media to use the images for exhibit publicity only. If you have a question about use of an image, please contact Susan Brandehoff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All images must be accompanied by the ownership credits provided with the image. The use of accompanying descriptive captions is encouraged if space is available.
- Images are to be used for noncommercial or educational activities and promotion of the exhibit at the specified venues hosting the exhibit. Commercial use of any image for profit in another publication, edition, format, or language is prohibited. Images may not be used for publicity for programs involving fundraising.
- Host sites may not reformat, redesign, or otherwise alter the images, nor re-use the images in other commercial products, nor allow others to use them (except for media outlets or program partners). Libraries may print color images in black-and-white.
- Two copies of materials using any of these images must be provided to the Public Programs Office with the host site’s final report.
- Exhibit sites are liable for damages, claims, suits, or other legal proceedings arising from or attributed to violation of third party rights resulting from any unauthorized creation, use, display, or modification of advertising or publicity materials relating to the exhibit.
- If exhibit sites use other images for publicity, they are responsible for obtaining permissions if they are needed.
Return to Table of Contents