Renew Your PLA Membership
Thank you for your interest in renewing your PLA membership. When you continue to customize your ALA experience with a PLA membership, you’ll receive another year of career-enhancing benefits dedicated to public library professionals.
Four important reasons to renew your PLA membership:
You won’t miss out on insightful and educational issues of Public Libraries.
You’ll receive exclusive access to the members-only PLA E-News.
You’ll be eligible for discounts on monthly webinars and other PLA educational events, including conference.
Your support will make a difference for PLA’s nationwide public library advocacy efforts.
For more information, contact the PLA Office at (800) 545-2433 x5PLA or email@example.com.
PLA Membership Dues
Please note: You must be a member of the American Library Association (ALA) to renew your PLA membership. Membership rates listed below do not include the price of ALA membership. Information about ALA dues is available online.
- Regular member: $70
- Student member: $30
- Non-salaried or retired member: $50 This category is for inactive, retired, or unemployed, or for full or part-time in a library service position at a salary less than $30,000 a year.
- International member: $70
- Trustee and associate members: $70 This category includes those who are not employed in library and information services or related activities, but through their personal commitment and support, promote library and information services. Members of governing boards, advisory groups, Friends organizations, and special citizen caucuses, and/or individuals interested in participating in the work of PLA.
- Organizational members: $100
Paying Dues in Installments
Personal members whose annual dues total $135 or more in any combination of ALA, divisions, sections, and round tables may choose to pay in two equal installments when renewing with a credit or debit card. Learn more about paying dues in installments.
How To Renew
There are three convenient ways:
- Fill out a secure form online.
- Print and fill out a membership form and fax or mail it in.
- Call 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 for Member Services.
If you have questions, please contact Kara O'Keefe, PLA Membership Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-280-5027.
Having trouble with the online membership application? Please view this slide show for a quick step-by-step guide to using our secure online membership application.