Public Libraries Feature Article Contest
Congratulations to our recipients for articles published in 2013! The prizes will be awarded at the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nev.
- This year’s first place winner ($500 prize) is Jasmina Jusic for her article, "Entrepreneurial Leadership in Public Libraries," which appeared in the July/August 2013 issue of Public Libraries.
- Nicholas Higgins received an honorable mention and a $300 prize for "Family Literacy on the Inside," from the January/February 2013 issue.
Feature articles submitted or published in 2014 will be eligible to compete for two cash prizes. The winner of the feature article contest will receive $500; honorable mention receives $300.
Criteria for eligibility are:
- Author(s) must be a public library employee(s) at the time the manuscript is submitted.
- Articles must have been submitted or published in 2014.
- Articles must be feature length. Verso and Perspectives contributions will not be considered.
The articles will be evaluated and winners will be chosen by members of the Public Libraries Advisory Subcommittee. Manuscripts and supplemental materials must be submitted through the online Public Libraries Editorial Manager.
Questions? Please contact Kathleen Hughes at email@example.com.