Public Libraries Feature Article Contest
Congratulations to our recipients for articles published in 2014!
- This year’s first place winner ($500 prize) is Catherine Bloomquist, library literacy coordinator, Saint Paul (Minn.) Public Library, for the article "Mentoring Gen-X Librarians," which appeared in the May/June 2014 issue of Public Libraries.
- Kenya Johnson, communications manager; Amber Mathewson, deputy director; and Karyn Prechtel, deputy director, Pima County (Ariz.) Public Library System, received an honorable mention and a $300 prize for "From Crisis to Collaboration: Pima County Public Library partners with Health Department for Library Nurse Program" from the January/February 2014 issue.
Feature articles submitted or published in 2015 will be eligible to compete for two cash prizes. The winner of the feature article contest will receive $500; honorable mention receives $300.
Criteria for eligibility are:
- Author(s) must be a public library employee(s) at the time the manuscript is submitted.
- Articles must have been submitted or published in 2015.
- Articles must be feature length. Verso and Perspectives contributions will not be considered.
The articles will be evaluated and winners will be chosen by members of the Public Libraries Advisory Subcommittee. Manuscripts and supplemental materials must be submitted through the online Public Libraries Editorial Manager.
Questions? Please contact Kathleen Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.