Public Libraries Feature Article Contest
Congratulations to our recipients for articles published in 2012! The prizes will be awarded at the 2013 ALA Annual Conference in Chicago.
- This year’s first place winner ($500 prize) is Jamie LaRue, director, Douglas County (Colo.) Libraries. His article, “Last One Standing,” which appeared in the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Public Libraries, explores opportunities available to public libraries related to the rise of e-books and self-publishing.
- Herb Landau, executive director, and Heather Sharpe, community relations manager, both of the Lancaster (Pa.) Public Library, received an honorable mention and a $300 prize for ”The Library Lover’s Art Auction” from the Sept/Oct 2012 issue, which provides a close look at the library’s first art auction, from inception to the live event.
Feature articles submitted or published in 2013 will be eligible to compete for two cash prizes. The winner of the feature article contest will receive $500; honorable mention receives $300.
Criteria for eligibility are:
- Author(s) must be a public library employee(s) at the time the manuscript is submitted.
- Articles must have been submitted or published in 2013.
- Articles must be feature length. Verso and Perspectives contributions will not be considered.
The articles will be evaluated and winners will be chosen by members of the Public Libraries Advisory Subcommittee. Manuscripts and supplemental materials must be submitted through the online Public Libraries Editorial Manager.
Questions? Please contact Kathleen Hughes at email@example.com.