Service Response Online Workbooks
Based on the management concepts delineated in PLA’s bestselling Results Series of publications, the Service Response Workbooks are intended to help library planners identify the many possibilities that exist for matching their services to the unique needs of their communities. These are not traditional online courses and there are no assignments or grades. Instead, they are self-directed online workbooks with tools to assess your current services in a specific area or topic and to identify what would be required to expand those services.
What Topics Are Available?
Click a title for more information or to purchase a workbook from the ALA Store.
- Be an Informed Citizen: Local, National, and World Affairs
- Build Successful Enterprises: Business and Non-Profit Support
- Celebrate Diversity: Cultural Awareness
- Connect to the Online World: Public Internet Access
- Create Young Readers: Early Literacy
- Discover Your Roots: Genealogy and Local History
- Express Creativity: Create and Share Content
- Get Facts Fast: Ready Reference
- Know Your Community: Community Resources and Services
- Learn to Read and Write: Adult, Teen, and Family Literacy
- Make Career Choices: Job and Career Development
- Make Informed Decisions: Health, Wealth, and Other Life Choices
- Satisfy Curiosity: Lifelong Learning
- Stimulate Imagination: Reading, Viewing and Listening for Pleasure
- Succeed in School: Homework Help
- Understand How to Find, Evaluate, and Use Information: Information Fluency
- Visit a Comfortable Place: Physical and Virtual Spaces
- Welcome to the United States: Services for New Immigrants
How Does It Work?
Priced at $15 each (less 10% discount for ALA/PLA members), you purchase Service Response Workbooks from the ALA Store. The purchase includes instructions in the form of a digital download. This digital download contains a link to the the Service Response Workbook on the ALA Online Learning site, and an “enrollment key,” a one-time password you will need to begin the workbook. Once you begin the workbook you’ll have access to it for one year. Further technical information for the ALA Online Learning site is available on the Moodle Technical Requirements page. If you have questions or problems with this site, with registration or login, send a message to email@example.com, or call 800-545-2433 ext. 5PLA.