Committee/Advisory Group/Task Force† report to be included on the PLA Board of Directors Meeting Consent Agenda
Due March 15 (for the Spring Board Meeting) and September 1 (for the Fall Board Meeting) each year. If these dates fall on Saturday or Sunday, the deadline will be the following Monday.
The purpose of this report is to bring the Board up to date on your work and to tie it to the PLA Strategic Plan. This report is not intended to be exhaustive, so please keep your responses as brief and concise as possible. This report will be included in the PLA Board consent agenda for the Spring Board meeting and the Fall Board meeting, which will be posted to the PLA Board site on ALA Connect. PLA will also post this report to your group’s ALA Connect site. Please note: if you have an action item for the Board's consideration, i.e., an item that requires Board approval to move forward due to policy and/or financial implications or request of a special nature, please contact the PLA office no later than 48 hours prior to the Board meeting and preferably sooner.
†Does not include PLA Award Juries, Budget & Finance Committee, or Nominating Committees.
If you wish to complete your report over multiple sessions, then you must log in to the ALA/PLA website in order to save your in-process report and return to it later. To log in, click either "login to the ALA/PLA website" below or "Login" in the upper right corner of this page, then enter your ALA website login and password. If you’ve forgotten your login information, you'll be able to retrieve your username/password or create a login if you don't have one from the "Login" page.
To save your in-process report, click the "Save Draft" button. Then you can return to the report later to complete it. Again, you must be logged into the ALA/PLA website to do this. Click the "Submit to PLA Board" button only when you have completely finished the report. After clicking "Submit to PLA Board" your report will be confirmed with a "thank you" screen. You will also receive a copy of your report via e-mail.
For your convenience, listed below are the questions that comprise the report:
- This report represents work done September–March or April–August (select one)
- Committee/group name
- Chair name
- Chair e-mail address
- Staff liaison (this information will autofill)
- Staff liaison e-mail address (this information will autofill)
- Date submitted
- Please provide key accomplishments since last report to the Board
- Please list key accomplishments planned for the balance of the year
- Does the group have any specific policy recommendations to the Board and/or recommendations or ideas with financial impact for PLA?
- Describe (briefly) how your group's work is tied to a specific goal/objective of the PLA Strategic Plan
- Do you have any suggestions for future products or resources (excluding conference programs) to be developed based on your group's work?
- Are there other PLA/ALA committees your group might collaborate with to benefit the work of all?
- Have there been any issues related to meeting participation/attendance for any of the group's members? Yes/No (if yes, PLA will contact you for more information)
Login to ALA/PLA website – If you intend to start your report now but finish it later
Go to the report form – If you're ready to start your report