Become an Organizational Member in PLA and show your organization’s support for public libraries and receive access to valuable professional resources for your staff.
PLA Organizational Member Benefits
- A free subscription to Public Libraries, the official print journal of PLA (a $65 value). Published six times a year, each issue includes peer-written and peer-reviewed feature articles and columns on professional trends and best practices in the public library field
- Exclusive access to the PLA E-News, the members-only e-mail newsletter with information professional development, grants, jobs, and free resources for public library professionals
- Publishing opportunities for your staff in Public Libraries and on Public Libraries Online, or through developing a unique professional publication
- Annual calls for conference program proposals
- All the ALA Organizational Member benefits (your organization must be an ALA member to join PLA)
PLA is also committed to working on behalf of its members to move the profession forward and represent the interests of public librarians and public libraries everywhere. And as a PLA member organization, your staff will be connected to a network of more than 9,000 professionals who are dedicated to the future of public libraries.
PLA Organizational Membership Dues
Effective September 1, 2017–August 31, 2018
Annual dues are $103.
Please note: Your organization must be an organizational member of the American Library Association (ALA) to join PLA. The membership rate listed above does not include the price of ALA organizational membership. Information about ALA dues is available online.
How To Join
There are three convenient ways to join PLA/ALA.
- Fill out a secure form online.
- Print and fill out a membership form and fax or mail it in.
- Call the ALA Member and Customer Service Center at 1-800-545-2433 and press 5.
If you have questions regarding membership dues or becoming a member, please contact the ALA Member and Customer Service (MACS) Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433 and press 5. MACS representatives are available to assist you Monday–Friday, 8:30 AM–4:30 PM Central.