Presented by the Public Library Association and Baker & Taylor. To submit an application for this award, please visit the PLA Awards Online Application.
Purpose and Criteria
The purpose of the Baker & Taylor Entertainment Audio Music/Video Product Award is to promote the development of a circulating audio music/video product collection in public libraries and increase the exposure of the format within the community. The grant was established in 1997 and is sponsored by Baker & Taylor.
Any public library is eligible, with one exception: Public libraries having employees on the current Baker & Taylor Entertainment Audio Music/Video Product Award Jury are ineligible to receive the Baker & Taylor Entertainment Audio Music/Video Product Award.
Autauga Prattville (AL) Public Library
Lindsey Milam, Library Director
- 2017 East Berlin (PA) Community Library
- 2016 Kirbyville (TX) Public Library
- 2015 Edna Zybell Memorial Library, Clarence, IA
- 2014 Broadview (IL) Public Library District
- 2013 Ada (OH) Public Library
- 2012 Tuscaloosa (AL) Public Library
- 2011 Huntsville (TX) Public Library
- 2010 Bailey Cove Branch Library, Huntsville, AL
- 2009 Curtis Memorial Library, Brunswick, ME
- 2008 Kansas City (MO) Public Library
- 2007 L.D. Fargo Public Library, Lake Mills, WI
- 2006 Granby (CO) Public Library
- 2005 Haines Borough (AK) Public Library
- 2004 Petersburg (AK) Public Library
- 2003 Fairview (NJ) Free Public Library
- 2002 Signal Mountain (TN) Public Library
- 2001 Rio (WI) Community Library
- 2000 Harrington (DE) Public Library
- 1999 Hamburg (MI) Township Library
- 1998 Orcas Island Public Library, Eastsound, WA
Candidates must submit an application, describing the proposal, explaining how this project fits the purpose of this grant, explaining how the $2,500 worth of audio music or video products (ordered through Baker & Taylor) will benefit the project.
Selection is based upon the quality and appropriateness of the submitted proposals. Preference will be given to the applicant who can demonstrate that the public library’s project best fits the purpose of the grant.
The recipient will be required to submit a project evaluation report to the Public Library Association (addressed to the PLA Executive Director) one year following receipt of the grant. Baker & Taylor will receive a copy of the report. Failure to submit a project evaluation report will result in the necessity of the grant materials being returned to PLA, unless an extension is granted by PLA for extenuating circumstances. Recipient agrees to having its report published in Public Libraries magazine, if accepted by the Features Editor.
Number and Frequency of Grant
Only one public library shall receive this annual grant. No grant shall be given if applicants do not meet the grant criteria.
Form and Donor
The grant will consist of $2,500 of audio music or video products ordered through Baker & Taylor.
How to Apply
To submit an application for this award, please visit the PLA Awards Online Application.
PLA will forward the applications to the current chair of the Baker & Taylor Entertainment Audio Music/Video Product Award. PLA reserves the right to extend the application deadline.