PLA Member Benefits
A membership in PLA brings you year-round benefits. The organization strives to provide a wealth of resources dedicated to helping you build career-changing knowledge and networks.
Discounts on Professional Development
- A 20% discount on online education, including webinars and courses
- A 10–30% discount on annual professional development events like PLA Boot Camp and PLA Preconferences at ALA Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings
- A 10% discount on ALA and PLA products in the online ALA Store
Publications and Resources
- A free subscription to Public Libraries, the official print journal of PLA (a $65 value). Published six times a year, each issue includes peer-written and peer-reviewed feature articles and columns on professional trends and best practices in the public library field
- Exclusive access to the PLA E-News, the members-only e-mail newsletter with information professional development, grants, jobs, and free resources for public library professionals
Networking and Participating
- Volunteer opportunities with PLA committees and advisory groups that work on critical issues for the association and profession, such as technology, legislation and advocacy, leadership development, intellectual freedom, conferences, and more
- Publishing opportunities in Public Libraries and on Public Libraries Online, or through developing a unique professional publication
- Connect @ PLA, a virtual community dedicated to members and designed to foster discussion and ideas about interests specific to public libraries
- Submit a proposal for a PLA-sponsored preconference or program at the 2015 ALA Annual Conference in San Francisco. Deadline is August 15, 2014.
PLA is also committed to working on behalf of its members to move the profession forward and represent the interests of public librarians and public libraries everywhere. And as a PLA member, you will be connected to a network of more than 10,000 professionals who, like you, are dedicated to the future of public libraries. If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact PLA: 1-800-545-2433 x5PLA or email@example.com.