PLA Member Benefits
As a member of PLA, you’ll be part of a diverse and engaged community of public librarians, library staff members, and other public library supporters. You’ll also enjoy the benefits of membership in an organization dedicated to your professional needs:
News you can use
- A complimentary subscription to Public Libraries , the official journal of PLA. Published six times a year, each issue of Public Libraries includes important industry news, PLA and ALA updates, and columns and features that offer strategies and ideas that can make a difference in your career.
- Exclusive access to e-News @ PLA, the members-only electronic newsletter, which keeps you up-to-date on PLA news as well as information about opportunities for public libraries outside of PLA, such as grants, programming, and scholarships.
Access to top-notch continuing education
- From the week-long PLA “Results” Boot Camp to CPLA courses to preconferences and conference programming, PLA offers a wide range of opportunities for you to develop the skills necessary to grow in your career. PLA has a reputation for top-notch continuing education programming, and as a member, you can enjoy discounted registration to these events.
- Save on registration fees to popular events, including the biennial PLA Conference. For the PLA Conference, members can save more than $100 on registration fees compared to nonmembers.
- Members also save on all other continuing education events including: CPLA courses, PLA “Results” Boot Camp, and the Spring Symposium.
Countless networking opportunities
- PLA members have the opportunity to meet and mingle with their colleagues in a number of settings.
To take advantage of these benefits, join PLA now!