PLA’s Insurance Education and Outreach Initiative
Open Enrollment period
November 1, 2018–December 15, 2018
PLA, along with nearly a dozen other organizations throughout the U.S., is working to promote health insurance enrollment. Our primary goal is to promote enrollment in the health insurance marketplace during the Open Enrollment period of the Affordable Care Act. PLA will do this by distributing quality materials and communications and has offered $300 mini-grants to dozens of U.S. public libraries to disseminate, offer education, and encourage their communities to enroll in the health insurance Marketplace during the Open Enrollment period between November 1 and December 15, 2018.
What Libraries Can Do
Did you know that consumers that receive in-person assistance are nearly 60% more likely to enroll in the health insurance marketplace?
Be prepared with the resources below to let your communities know the public library is available for assistance:
- Host a program during Open Enrollment
- Offer dedicated staff assistance
- Host a staff training session about Open Enrollment frequently asked questions
- Place an ad(s) in social, news, and/or print media
- Embed the “Get Covered Connector” widget on your library’s website
- Link to HealthCare.gov on your library’s website
- Create a ready-reference guide to local designated assistance organizations and Navigators
- Distribute flyers or other print materials
Use the "Get Covered Connector" to look for certified enrollment organizations in your area to refer your patrons!
Embed this code on your site to display the “Get Covered Connector” widget on your site:
<p><script async data-partner="z-public-library-association" data-language="en-us" data-width="500" src="https://connector.getcoveredamerica.org/static/js/widget.min.js" id="gca-connector-embed"></script></p>
For Navigators, Assisters, and Partners: https://marketplace.cms.gov
Insurance Jargon: https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/
WebJunction’s Affordable Care Act 101: https://www.webjunction.org/explore-topics/ehealth/aca-at-your-library/aca-101.html
Become a Certified Application Counselor Designated Organization (CDO): https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/assister-programs/cac.html
How to Become a Certified Assistance Counselor (CAC): https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/training-materials/certified-application-counselor-training-courses.html
Healthy Community Tools for Public Libraries: https://publiclibrary.health
Mental Health Toolkit: http://younginvincibles.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MentalHealthToolkit_IL.pdf (Young Invincibles, 2017)
Healthy Adulting Toolkit: http://younginvincibles.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-Healthy-Adulting-Toolkit.pdf (Young Invincibles, 2018)
Training for Patrons: DigitalLearn’s Searching for Online Health Information: https://digitallearn.org/courses/online-health-information
How to Talk to Immigrants and Their Families on Public Charge: The Protecting Immigrant Families Campaign have put together helpful talking points on the recent public charge proposed rule.
Right-click on a link and select "Save link as…" to save the image/file to your computer.
- Sign Up for Health Insurance flyer 8.5”x11” (PDF)
- Sign Up for Health Insurance social media graphic (PNG)
- Enrollment Checklist (PNG)
- Buyer Beware (PNG)
- Short Term Plan Chart (PNG)
- Messaging for Open Enrollment Process (PDF)
- Sign up for preventative healthcare reminders!
- Sample Library E-mail Blast (DOCX)
- Open Enrollment Toolkit (DOCX)
- Social Media Toolkit (DOCX)
- Outreach Hub (contains images, editable files, and communications in both English and Spanish)
Be sure to use the hashtag #GetCovered in all of your social media posts!
Sign up for our Promoting Healthy Communities newsletter to learn more about consumer health in libraries and how to help family and friends get covered.