Turning the Page 2.0
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Pop-up blocker disabled
- Audio enabled
- Browsers: Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher; Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (PC); Safari 2.0 or higher (Mac)
- Flash player 8.0 or higher
- Screen resolution set to 1024x768 (or higher)
- High-speed Internet connection (recommended 150K or higher)
Weekly Virtual Classroom Sessions
Weekly virtual classroom sessions will be presented using the Adobe Connect platform. Audio will be delivered via voice over IP (VoIP), and you will need either computer speakers or headphones plugged into your computer's audio jack or USB port to listen. A microphone is required. If your computer or webcam does not have one, please invest in one for this course. You can get one for $5 to $20.
Technical requirements for Adobe Connect:
A test can be run by clicking this link:
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows® XP or Windows 7; 2GHz Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Windows Vista®
- Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2; Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise; or Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32-bit edition, or 64-bit edition with 32-bit browser)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows XP or Windows 7; 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended) for Windows Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8; Mozilla Firefox 2.x or 3.x; or Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1
- 500MHz PowerPC® G3 or faster or 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.4–10.6 (Intel); Mac OS X v10.4 (PowerPC)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox 2.x or 3x; Safari 2.x; or Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- Introduction to Turning the Page 2.0
- Who can participate and can I watch a clip from a virtual classroom session?
- What do previous participants think about the course and what are some success stories?
- Who are the facilitators?
- What if I already participated in Turning the Page as part of the Opportunity Online hardware grant?
- How do I register?
- Use this flyer to recruit others to your advocacy planning team.
- Use this PPT about the training to recruit others to your advocacy planning team.
For more information about Turning the Page 2.0, please email Lynn Slawsky at email@example.com.
ALA members can still register for the self-paced, unfacilitated version of Turning the Page online. For this version, you will need your ALA membership credentials to register (for the facilitated version you do not).