Results Boot Camp: An Immersion Program
Results Are What Matters: Management Tools and Techniques to Improve Library Services and Programs
“Hands down the most practical, inspiring, and all-around best training I’ve received in my career.”
“It was worth every penny! The best thing I have done for my career and my library.”
“You meet people who inspire you and leave ready to create change!”
Get your library in strategic shape and prepare to meet any challenge with the intensive and interactive PLA Boot Camp program led by Sandra Nelson and June Garcia. This popular public library course offers four and a half days of management training built around dynamic individual and group activities.
Sandra and June will lead participants through an engaging and challenging curriculum that emphasizes the roles of innovation, risk, and change in public library management; the impact of trends on local service priorities; the value of data-based decision-making; and the skills to effectively allocate resources.
At the conclusion of the four and a half day workshop, participants will know how to:
- Create a library environment that supports risk and innovation
- Understand and respond to ongoing changes in the external environment
- Develop goals and objectives that reflect local service priorities
- Identify and select effective activities that respond to service priorities
- Review and maximize staff workload and skills
- Allocate collection, technology, and facilities resources to support library activities
Who Should Attend
The Boot Camp program is recommended for any public library staff involved in the creation and implementation of the library’s strategic plan and service delivery, including, but not exclusive to: directors, managers, supervisors, department heads, and program coordinators.
Thank you for your interest. The next PLA Results Boot Camp is scheduled to be held August 4–8, 2014. The application site is scheduled to open in early February.
Questions? Contact the PLA Office at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5027.