PLA at 2017 ALA Annual Conference
Program and Preconference Proposal Form Preview
For your convenience, listed below are the questions that comprise the online proposal form:
- Program Title
- Session Format (Select one: single speaker, panel of speakers, preconference)
- Description of proposed session (100 words or less)
Please identify three (3) takeaways for your session. Takeaways should use active verbs, be measurable, and state what the participants should know or be able to do after attending your session; they should not simply repeat topics that will be addressed. Takeaways should begin with the phrase "At the end of this session, participants will..." They should be achievable and realistic given the length and scope of the proposed session.
Keyword Search Information
- Tags (Enter keywords related to your session's content that will help attendees locate programs of interest)
- Hashtags (Enter hashtags related to your session's content that will help attendees locate and discuss programs on social media)
- Content Areas (Select one from a predefined list of options)
- Library Types (Check all that apply from a predefined list of options)
- Subject Headings (Check all that apply from a predefined list of options)
- Has this session been submitted for consideration at another conference or event?
- If yes, please describe
- Has this session been presented at a previous conference?
- If yes, please describe
- Is this session being sponsored by a PLA committee or other PLA unit?
- If yes, please specify the committee/unit
- Is this session being co-sponsored by another ALA Division or unit, or do you plan to seek a cosponsor?
- If yes, please specify the name of the cosponsor
- Preferred Date (Select 1st and 2nd choice: Friday Preconference; Saturday, June 24; Sunday, June 25; Monday, June 26)
- Preferred Time (Select 1st and 2nd choice: Friday Preconference; 8:30–10:00; 10:30–11:30; 1:00–2:30; 3:00–4:00; 4:30–5:30)
- Estimated Audience Size (Select one: Fewer than 100, 100–200, More than 200)
As the submitter, you are automatically listed on this page; however you will not have been assigned any roles. You may update your information and assign yourself the role of program organizer or speaker or both. Or you may delete your name and assign other people to those roles.
Speaker Profile Information (for each speaker that you add)
- Work Address
- Daytime Phone
- Workplace or Affiliation
- Role (Select all that apply: Contact, Speaker, Moderator)
- Does the individual work in a library?
- Is the individual an ALA Member?
- Will the individual require financial support? (if qualified according to PLA Policies)
- If yes, please specify (select from a predefined list of options)