The research agenda of the Public Library Association will support the goals, objectives and strategies of the PLA Strategic Plan. Project requests for funding will be submitted to the PLA Executive Director for consideration by the PLA Board of Directors.
The research priorities as of June 2005 include:
- Value and Impact of Public Libraries
- Marketing the Value of Public Libraries
- Family Literacy
- Information Literacy
- Public Librarianship of the Future
- Recruitment and Retention to Public Librarianship
Project proposals most closely aligned with data gathering needs to support the goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan are preferred.
- Does the project proposed add something new to the existing body of research on the topic?
- How does the proposed project benefit public librarianship? What is the specific benefit to the members of the Public Library Association?
- How does the proposed project relate to furthering or implementing the objectives and strategies of the PLA Strategic Plan?
- Does the proposed project include scope of work, management plan, budget, and timeline for completion, and evaluation plan?
- Additional criteria may be developed specific to proposals under review.
Approved PLA Board of Directors, 2005 Annual Conference.