The group will work with PLA staff and committees to ensure that content on the PLA website is responsive to the needs of public librarians and addresses priorities set forth in the PLA Strategic Plan. The committee will be charged to:
- monitor the PLA website on an ongoing basis to ensure that the content is timely, accurate, relevant, and complete;
- solicit new content from PLA units, members, and staff, and work collaboratively with PLA staff, who will update the website according to an agreed upon timetable and deadlines;
- create and implement an annual plan of activities with a timetable that will result in an increase in member use of and the continued improvement and timeliness of the website and other related PLA and ALA electronic communications tools, products, and services;
- support PLA members in their efforts to use ALA Connect;
- recommend strategies, policies, guidelines, and procedures to the PLA Board for the website and for the effective use of new technology tools; and
- advocate for accessibility in the development and use of technology tools so that members of all abilities may use them.
The Web Content Working Group chair will serve as the PLA representative to the ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC), communicating Board recommendations for improvements to the ALA website and advising the Board on activities of the WAC.
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/22/2018. Last retrieved on 02/22/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Web Content Working Group consists of a minimum of four members, up to 10 members, appointed from the membership at large and led by a chair.
Created by the Board of Directors at its meeting at the 2016 ALA Midwinter Meeting.
To be a thriving, vibrant organization, PLA must have committed and active committee members. If you are interested in serving on a committee, please read and fill out the online volunteer form.
- Volunteers are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Appointments are made by the PLA President and President-Elect, primarily in the spring.
- Volunteers must be members of ALA and PLA.